Where contemporary textile design meets traditional weaving.
At Mungo we’re humanists, not industrialists – we put people, their visions and livelihoods at the heart of what we do.
And what we do is create heirloom-quality woven goods.
"We hope that when people understand where something comes from or how it is made, they will value it more."
Clarens Interiors are proud Mungo stockists.
The items listed are from our store at 279 Main Street, Clarens.
If you are interested in a product, kindly
- send us a screenshot to 0820693635
- phone us on 0582561391 or
- e-mail us on email@example.com
- or visit us in Clarens!
We will gladly help where we can & courier your parcel anywhere in South Africa.
All Mungo Towels are
Designed Woven & Made in South Africa
40' Machine wash
This unique towel is inspired by the African landscape and heritage. With its intricate patterns, bold and warm colours, the Itawuli is a definite keepsake.
Colours: Cango Grey & Blue Moon
Hand Towel 55x100 cm, priced @ R270
Hand Towel 55x100 cm, priced @ R270
The beautiful muted tones of the Tawulo range blend beautifully into many interiors while adding texture and tone to your bathroom. Also a brilliant beach or swimming towel.
- Colours: Soleil & Storm
- Hand Towel: 55x100cm, priced at R270
- Bath Sheet: 97x158cm, priced at R705
Compact & cheerful
A pure cotton, compact and colourful flat weave towel woven at the Mungo Mill. Quick drying, and lightweight, it’s the perfect roll-up-and-go adventure companion.
- Colours: Canary, Flamingo & Lido
- Hand towel: 38cm x 64cm, priced at R190
- Bath towel: 80cm x 140cm, priced at R550
Folly Beach Towel
A limited edition piece of magic
A product of ‘weaver’s folly’, the big and bright Folly towel is a must-have for summer.
- Colours: Fiddler Crab & Blue Crab
- Bath towel: 108cm x 194cm, priced at R870
Kids of Kurland Kikoi
A Kikoi for a cause. The full proceeds from the sale of the Kids of Kurland kikoi help fund a much needed additional teacher at the Crags Primary School in Plettenberg Bay.
- Colours: Kids of Kurland
- Kikoi: 178cm x 97cm, priced at R375
Pure cotton washcloths in assorted colours. Versatile, soft and absorbent. Available in packs of 4.
- Colours: Blue Pack (set or 4), Green Pack (set of 4), Rust Pack (set of 4)
- Washcloth: 30cm x 30cm, priced at R280 for a set of 4.
Cotton Rib Bathroom Mat
Bath & Shower Mat
Textural, absorbent cotton rib weave bath and shower mats, woven at the Mungo mill in Plettenberg Bay from pure ecru cotton.
- Bath Mat: 65cm x 100cm, priced at R 390
- Shower Mat: 47cm x 70cm, priced at R 210
Other towels available in the Mungo range:
Belgian Waffle Towels
The Belgian Waffle is the ‘thickest’ towel in our range. With soft and absorbent characteristics, the classic waffle weave construction and bold texture, allows more surface area for drying.
- Hand towel 50x90cm @ R240
- Bath sheets 142x240cm @ R680
- Colours: Duck Egg, Charcoal, White.
Willow Weave Towels
The Willow Weave towels are classic and refined. Woven with a traditional pattern that has been used for toweling design long before the mass production of the terry towel.
- Colours: All Blue, Charcoal, White, Citronella
- Hand towel 50x90cm @ R 215
- Bath sheet 97x158cm @ R 660
A generously sized bath, pool or beach towel, individually woven on our antique looms at the Mungo Mill in Plettenberg Bay. Absorbent, light and compact for travelling.
- Eyelash Fringe
- Colours: Atoll, Hot Coral, Oceanside, Sand Rock.
- Bath sheet approx 85x165cm priced @ R745
Our new South Kikoi, a versatile wrap available in a kaleidoscope of colours.
- Designed Woven & Made in South Africa
- 100% Cotton
- Hemmed finish
- 40' Machine wash
- Warm iron
- Tumble dry at low heat
- Do not bleach
- Size 90x190cm
- Colours: Namakwa, Capri, Roller Bird, Sea Weed, Tanzanite, Natures Valley, Nutmeg, Kehena, Serandite, Henna, Rock Pool.
- Priced @ R385